Dover Financial Advisers PTY LTD ACN 112 139 321
Dover recognises the importance of privacy and we are committed to ensuring the privacy of your information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles. Our policy for dealing with any personal information that you disclose to us is explained below.
Types Of Information We Collect
The type of information that we collect and hold about you depends on the type of product or service that we provide to you. The personal information that we hold about you may include:
- Name, address and contact details;
- Date of birth, age and you intended plans for retirement;
- Financial goals, needs, objectives and circumstances;
- Details of your dependents and beneficiaries;
- Financial information (for the purpose of preparing a financial plan and/or statement of advice);
- Information regarding your health (for some types of insurance);
- You employment details (including your occupation, details of your employer, the nature of your employment and salary);
- Your tax file number (where you have given it to us);
- In some cases, insurance claim information;
- Identification documentation (which, in some cases, we are required to collect by law); and
- The products and services we provide, or have provided, to you.
We do not generally collect sensitive information about you unless required by applicable law or rules, or you have consented to it. Sensitive information includes information relating to:
- Political or religious beliefs;
- Sexual preferences;
- Criminal convictions;
- Membership of professional or trade associations or unions;
- Health information.
As set out above, we collect health information with your consent where it is relevant for some types of insurance.
Use of your Personal Information
We use the personal information that you provide to us to assess your personal and financial circumstances and your risk tolerance so that we can formulate appropriate investment strategies and recommendations for you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose the personal information which we have about you to other organisations to assist us to implement and administer your investments, and provide you with certain products and services, including:
- Professional Advisers such as lawyers and accountants;
- Insurance companies;
- Financial institutions, including for the purpose of procuring finance for your investments
- where you have requested us to so;
- Organisations offering products and services which you wish to invest in or obtain; and
- Regulatory bodies if requested to do so.
We only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us and for related purposes which would reasonably be expected. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to inform you of investment opportunities or to provide information about product and services which may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to ask us not to do this so please let us know if you do not want us to provide you with this additional information. We do not sell personal information to other organisations to allow them to do this.
Quality Of Personal Information
It is in our interests to ensure that the personal information that we have about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please advise us if you believe that any of the information that we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date and all reasonable effort will be made to correct your information.
Personal Information Security
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We will use all reasonable steps to protect the personal information which we hold from misuse and loss, and from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. Where the information we collect is no longer required, we will delete the information or permanently de-identify it.
Access to Personal Information
Under the National Privacy Principles you have a right to access the information that we hold about you, except as set out below. If you wish to access the information, please contact David Kutcher Financial Planning Pty Ltd and they will make arrangements for you to do so.
In some circumstances, we may refuse to give you access to your financial information. Those circumstances are set out in the National Privacy Principles and include situations where your request may unreasonably impact on another person’s right to privacy. If we are entitled, under the National Privacy Principles, to refuse to give you access to your personal information, we will tell you and provide reasons for our decision.
If you would like further information about how we handle your privacy or if you would like to make a complaint about how we handled your personal information please contact David Kutcher Financial Planning Pty Ltd
Dover Financial Advisers Pty Ltd
Privacy Officer – Florence Tee
PO Box 68, Sandringham, Victoria 3191
Phone: (03) 9583 6533